Saturday, August 4, 2007

755 - FINALLY

Let me preface this first post by telling you I've been thinking about doing a baseball blog for a long time. Besides politics, it's the only think I know a lot about and it's truly what I love.

Tonight a little before 10:30 Barry Bonds finally tied Hank Aaron's career home run record. Let me speak for the masses when I say THANK THE GOOD LORD IT'S FINALLY OVER.

Though every sportswriter in the country is going to have an opinion on this, I think most of them will disagree with the following points:

  • We can talk about "alleged steroid abuse" all we want but Barry Bonds has never once tested positive for steroids. Shame on Major League Baseball
  • Bud Selig looked like a spoiled brat putting his hands in his pockets instead of clapping when 755 was hit. Let's not forget that the "steroids era" happened on his watch and most likely with him turning a blind eye to what he knew was going on
  • Steroids or no Steroids: 755 is an amazing number
  • Bonds better be a first ballot Hall of Famer

A lot of people who know what a baseball purist I am will probably be surprised to see me write this -- but love him or hate him, Barry Bonds has earned his day in the sun. I'm a little surprised the San Diego Padres didn't do more to acknowledge this record breaking moment.

No comments: